Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Whoa! How did I go two whole weeks without posting??

This has been a busy month for everyone I'm sure, and I am no exception. I had a really lovely Christmas with my family and friends this year. We had the "smallest" Christmas we have ever had, and I enjoyed it the most of all so far. My husband and I did not even exchange gifts this year, and we purchased minimal but meaningful gifts for our loved ones. Because I was laid off work for 3 months, our funds were incredibly low. My first paycheck since I returned to work arrived on Friday the 23rd and off I went to do some insane last-minute shopping. The rage on the roads around this time of year is astonishing. What happened to Christmas spirit? I knew what I was getting into when I headed out to Target two days before Christmas, and so should everyone else who headed there too. Sure, it's frustrating and annoying and you wish you could run people over sometimes (or is that just me?), but I don't understand getting so mad at the the traffic, or pedestrians crossing the parking lot, that you feel the need to shout out your window and throw your hands in the air and scream, red-faced, within the confines of your car where no one can hear you until you appear to be seconds from literally exploding. I witnessed this very scene at least a dozen times on Friday, as well some peeling of the tires and horn-honking for good measure. Oh well, Merry Christmas to you too :)

We did something different this year for Christmas. We went out to dinner on Christmas day to a local hibachi grill with my parents and had a fun, expensive, and delicious meal. I don't know if this will become a new family tradition, but I wouldn't mind if it does! After all the ham, turkey, potatoes, corn, green beans, etc. etc., a little fried rice, veggies, chicken, and shrimp sounded absolutely perfect.


Onion volcano spewing fire.
My plate, after nibbling on it a bit. Yes, there was that much food! Plus a salad and soup prior to the main meal. Yummm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...