Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Quick & Tasty lunches

These are two very simple and delicious lunches that aren't terribly bad for your health, either (or that's what I tell myself anyway!)

#1: Avocado & Tomato on French Bread



Ingredients:

Avocado
Tomato, sliced
Salt & pepper, to taste
Olive oil
Shredded mozzarella
Fresh lemon or lemon juice
French bread or baguette

I didn't list measurements because I don't typically measure meals like this. I just simply poured some olive oil into a cup and sprinkled in a few shakes of sea salt and pepper, then brushed both sides of a slice of French bread and grilled it on the electric griddle. I mixed half of an avocado with a pinch more salt and a few squirts of lemon juice, then spread the avocado mixture onto the slice of grilled French bread, sprinkled with Mozzarella cheese and topped with a slice of tomato. YUMM!

I spotted this delicious "Simple Lunch" here by Joy the Baker. I only did a few things differently when I made mine (grilled the bread, added cheese and tomato) but I am willing to bet that it's delicious her way too!



#2: Chicken Salad with Tarragon


Ingredients:

1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked & shredded
1 stalk celery, finely chopped*
2 tbsp dried cranberries*
2 tbsp chopped pecans*
1 tsp lemon juice
3 tbsp mayonnaise*
1 tsp dried tarragon*

* All of these are "to taste"-- some may like more mayo or less, more celery or less, so just make it to your own liking!

Mix all ingredients together and (if you have the time) let sit in the refrigerator in an air tight container for at least an hour to allow the flavors to meld. I like to eat this chicken salad best on a croissant or crackers.

This is one of my top two favorite chicken salad recipes (I'll post my other fave another day). I found it a while back at Simply Recipes and I think what I like most is that it's simple to make and always tasty. Chicken salad is a regular a go-to for me but my mood usually decides what type of chicken salad I want that day. This one never fails to please my taste buds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...