Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Recipe: Mint Parsley Ice Cream


I know what you're thinking.... "Mint parsley ice cream" probably sounds so weird, but hear me out! The parsley just gives the ice cream a hint of freshness and a natural green tint that we know and love from mint ice cream. I promise you, it's good.
I don't own an ice cream machine, although I hope to get one very soon, but I wasn't going to let that stop me from making this frozen deliciousness! So, I used my blender. Here is how to make your own, if you are curious enough... And I do hope you are.

Ingredients:

1 cup heavy cream
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley

In your blender combine all ingredients and put the lid on tight. Blend until thoroughly mixed and creamy, and parsley is reduced to tiny little bits. If you have an ice cream maker and prefer to use it instead, just process your parsley in a food processor or something similar before adding it to the cream mixture.
Pour mix into a freezer safe container with a secure lid and let freeze 6-8 hours (or over night).
Serve with chocolate chip cookies and milk :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...