Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sunday Sick-day.

Woe is me, I've caught a cold. I have a nasty little cough and watery eyes. Hot tea is my knight in shining armor right now. I'm on my third mug of Chai tea with milk and sugar. YUM. I really like vanilla soy-milk in my tea, but I don't have any. I'm not an avid soy drinker, but I could be. It's delicious. And animal friendly. But my husband would never go for it and I'd still end up buying regular milk anyway. Plus, soy is just so darn expensive. So, I will settle for a little in my tea when I can. All I need now is a good book and a blanket.

Speaking of books... Recently, a local bookstore (Borders) went out of business. I didn't realize until just this moment that it appears to have been bought out by Barnes & Noble. I was going to link to Borders but when I went to their website it redirected me to this. Interesting. Anywho, I was a late-comer to the blowout sale but still able to snag a bagful of books for next-to-nothing. I grabbed just about anything that sounded mildly interesting and was less than $3.00. I walked away with the following:

The Postmistress by Sarah Blake
The Last Life by Claire Messud
The Confessions of Max Tivoli by Andrew Sean Greer
A Million Little Pieces by James Frey (<-- I have heard all about this guy and this "non-fiction" book of his, thanks to Oprah. I can't wait to read it for myself. Google it if you're curious.)
Losing Mum and Pup by Christopher Buckley
The Brethren by John Grisham

As well as the soundtrack to For Colored Girls and season one of the old Western series Big Valley. Both of those were gifts for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...