Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Recipe: Easy Orange Berry Sangria

I love wine, I love fruit, I love warm summer days on the back patio. I love sangria.

I had some left-over red wine last Sunday and some fresh fruit, and it was nice and warm and beautiful outside. I have never made sangria although I've seen it made behind the bar a hundred times. Everyone makes it different and I don't think there is any right or wrong way. This is what I had to work with, so this is how I made mine.



Ingredients:
(Makes 2 glasses)

Half a bottle of your favorite red wine
1 c orange juice
1 c ginger ale or clear soda
2 tbsp white sugar
1 small orange, sliced
a handful of raspberries, blueberries, blackberries etc.
ice, cubed

In a small pitcher, combine liquids. Add berries and ice and stir until liquid is cooled through.
Pour into a glass and drink up!

*The longer the drink sits the more the fruit flavors will come out. You can make a large pitcher ahead for a party and serve chilled. Experiment with different fruits for a different variety of flavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...