Hubby and I went over a friend's house to watch the NFL playoffs game a couple of weeks ago and I made these. They were a huge hit and were gone faster than you can say touchdown! Just kidding that is pretty fast, but they did go quickly. I was not surprised, of course, because they contain three of my favorite foods: cream cheese, garlic, and crescent rolls! I've seen similar recipes floating around on Pinterest and I'm sure they're all delicious, this is just what I whipped up.
2 boneless skinless breast halves, cooked & shredded (or 2 small cans of chicken, drained)
2 (8oz) pkgs cream cheese
2-3 cans crescent roll dough or crescent rounds
1 tbsp chopped fresh green onions
1 tsp garlic powder
pinch of salt & pepper
1/8 tsp chicken bouillon granules, optional
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a skillet over med heat combine chicken, garlic, salt, pepper, and bouillon. Stir and cook until chicken is heated through.
3. Reduce heat to med-low and add cream cheese. I find it best to cut the blocks of cream cheese into small chunks before adding it. Stir frequently until fully melted (if you step away too long it can burn and stick to the pan!) Mix in the green onion and remove from heat.
4. Unroll crescent roll dough onto counter (or cutting board, parchment paper, etc.) and pinch seams shut. With a rolling pin, roll dough to seal seams further and thin the dough slightly.
5. Using a pizza cutter, cut three vertical lines into dough and two horizontal lines, creating 12 semi-even squares.
6. Spoon a bit of chicken mixture into each square.
8. Bake for approx. 12 minutes or until puffs are golden brown.