Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Recipe: Clementine Smoothie


I am almost embarrassed to admit that I purchased a bundle of clementines for the first time EVER last week. I had never tasted a clementine before, and boy was I missing out! My mother-in-law had some during my recent visit and I didn't even know what they were (gasp!). She told me how delicious they were, and now I'm telling you. If you don't already know.

Clementines have all of the wonderful qualities of an orange without the fuss. They are super easy to peel, there's no seeds, and they're all cute and tiny with perfect bite-sized pieces. I noticed there are surprisingly few recipes using clementines on the web. But I have a few ideas I want to try, and a smoothie was first on the list.

What you'll need:

2-3 clementines, peeled & juiced (should equal about 1/2 cup of juice)**
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 cup milk
1-2 tbsp white sugar
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
maraschino cherry, for garnish

** I don't own a juicer so I improvised by pulsing my clementine pieces in a food processor and then straining the juice over a bowl. It worked just fine.

In a blender combine juice, yogurt, milk, sugar, and vanilla. Cover and blend until smooth. The sugar amount may vary to your desired sweetness. I personally like mine a little more tart.
Top with a cherry or two because it's pretty and it adds a little flavor!



1 comment:

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...