Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

DIY: Painted Makeup Brush Set (Gift Idea!)


Each year I make it a point to do a few DIY gifts for my friends and family. For one reason, because I enjoy making things. For another, because people seem to appreciate a handmade gift that you designed specially for them. And last but certainly not least, because a handmade gift can often save you quite a bit of money!

One DIY that I've been wanting to try is a set of fun personalized makeup brushes. I never got around to it before, because I wasn't really in the need for new brushes... But when my teenage cousin asked for makeup for Christmas, I knew it was time to check this project off the to-do list!

I got these bamboo brushes at my local pharmacy for only $6! They are actually really good brushes that even came with a cloth sack. This project is so easy, all you need is...


A makeup brush set
Nail polish
Tape*
Toothpick or other thin paintbrush for painting designs*

*These are optional supplies but will help if you want cleaner lines!

The steps are so simple, it's just a matter of taping off parts you don't want to paint and then painting on the rest!

 
Lay down some paper to protect your work surface!

Nail polish dries fairly quickly which is great, but make sure each coat is dry before moving on to another section. Especially if you're going to be taping on top of an area you've just painted!


You can use a toothpick dipped in the polish to do polka dots! Drop a blob of paint onto a piece of paper and dip into it that way, rather than sticking it straight into the bottle.

That's it! Let them dry fully and they are ready to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...