Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Recipe: Chicken with Ham Gravy

My second new recipe of the new year was a total flop. I won't even waste the time posting about it! Instead I'm just going to skip right on to recipe number three :P I've fallen behind in my recipes and posts because I began my NEW JOB last week and it's taking up a ton of my time! I had to change my shift due to the training schedule and have been finding very little free time for web-fun. But I'll be back in the game soon enough! For my first post in almost two weeks, I am posting the recipe for my third new recipe of the new year.

This recipe is super easy and requires little more than some stirring and sticking in the oven. But, it bakes for approx. 50-60min so plan ahead if you don't want to be eating a late dinner. I have to admit to you that the photo is not my own. My photo looked significantly less appetizing, so I swiped this one from the recipe card. This is a Campbell's Soup recipe which means it uses (you guessed it!) a can of Campbell's soup. Some might feel this is cheating, I feel that this makes a busy wife's job much easier at dinnertime!


Chicken with Ham Sauce & Mashed Potatoes



Ingredients:

4 chicken breasts (the recipe calls for bone-in, but I used boneless)
4 ounces sliced cooked ham (I used deli ham, shredded)
1 can Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 (8oz) container of sour cream
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
4 servings mashed potatoes (I made homemade, but Bob Evans has killer microwaveable mashed potatoes!)

Preheat your oven to 375°. Put the chicken in a 13x9 inch baking dish and bake for 30min.

In a bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, all of the seasonings, and the ham. Spoon over the chicken and replace in the oven to bake an additional 20min more or until the chicken is cooked through.

Remove the chicken to a serving platter. Stir the sauce and serve over the chicken and mashed potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...