Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

October fun & festivities.


This has been a fun week for me. Some of my girlfriends and I got together on Wednesday evening for a pumpkin carving party. We drank wine, snacked on appetizers, gossiped, watched Halloween in the background, and I carved my first pumpkin in probably 15+ years and LOVED it! It is no masterpiece, but for a practically first-timer I think I did OK. If you can't tell, it's two spooky ghosts. I am just hoping that no one decides to smash my pumpkin on Cabbage night! We do have some little hoodlums running around the neighborhood. My house was egged a month or so ago and I never found out who did it, although I did question a few of the older kids. Maybe I'll bring my pumpkin inside Sunday night just in case.







Friday night my ma and I took my young cousins (three girls aged 8, 9, and 11) to see Disney on Ice in Cincinnati. I used to go every single year as a little girl and I have such fond memories of those days. Begging my mom for a snowcone. Begging my mom for a magic light-up wand and matching crown. Begging my mom for popcorn, cotton candy, and soda. Begging my mom for a spinny glowstick toy and a program. Oh, and don't forget the t-shirts, hats, bracelets, etc. etc. etc. I may have only gotten one out of ten of those items per visit, but it didn't matter because watching all of my favorite Disney movies acted out right in front of me was soooo worth it. And seeing me glow with excitement despite all my whining and begging for outrageously priced goodies made it all worth while for my dear mom, too. And so, we wanted to share that with these three little girls as well. I think I might have enjoyed it more than they did, but they seemed to like the show and even more so, the shuttle bus ride to and from the car. It was a lovely night for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...