Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Good luck is often with the man who doesn't include it in his plans.

Today began as ordinary as ever... I woke to the tiny wet kisses of my 3 1/2 lb Yorkie-Poo on my cheek. She is normally much grouchier in the morning so this could mean only one thing: She had to pee. I glanced at the clock and realized it was well past a reasonable time to still be in bed and got my lazy butt up. Skip ahead an hour or two and I am sitting at Starbuck's sipping a Pumpkin Spice Latte (Mmm Mmm!) and sitting outside with a couple of friends, enjoying the perfect fall weather. I should have known right then that it was going to be a good day. Afterward, I spent several hours shopping with my friend who needed a new dress for an occasion. Somewhere in the middle of our day we paused to share a large platter of orange chicken, fried rice, and crab rangoon (Mmm Mmm!) at the mall food court. Sadly we were given only one fortune cookie, which my girl friend kindly surrendered to me. I cracked that baby open and shining up at me was my bright and promising fortune: Everything will soon come your way.

Now that is what I call a fortune! Although "everything" is a very broad term. But it's starting off right, that's for sure. Upon leaving the mall I found a small wad of cash on the ground. $12.00 to be exact. Ok, so not a whole lot but still a nice surprise! That sounds like an awfully good start to everything coming my way, if you ask me. I'm just hoping that the word good is hidden subliminally in there somewhere after everything.

1 comment:

  1. Twelve bucks may not be everything, but it sure does brighten up the day!

    ReplyDelete

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...