Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Little snippets of my life....

These are all pictures of moments that I snapped over this past year. They are things that matter to me, that I love, or that I've enjoyed. Some are superficial, some are more personal and important. I could have put a hundred little thumbnails up here but there just wasn't room.
Here is an explanation of the ones I chose and why:


1. My husband and I aboard the Sanibel Harbour Princess during sunset. We had a lovely vacation this year in Ft. Myers Beach, FL and this was one of my favorite parts of the trip. We took a sunset dinner cruise that lasted about 2 hrs and included an incredible dinner and spectacular view of the sunset. My other favorite part of that trip was taking a wave-runner dolphin tour. My husband drove while I rode piggy back, and along the way we got to learn a little about the area as well as see dolphins, manatees, and a large array of birds (including a bald eagle!) up-close-and-personal, all while speeding across the ocean on wave-runners. So cool.

2. A view of the stage and massive crowd at Rock on the Range 2011. I have been to many many live concerts; it's one of my all-time favorite things to do. This was my first year attending ROTR. It was their 5th anniversary, and the show was amazing. I had so much fun spending the weekend jamming out with 35,000 other rockers. THIS was my favorite moment of the entire show.

 

3. My newest nail polish called "Olive", purchased at Forever 21. I love the color and I also love nail polish. I can't remember the last time I went a day with bare nails. It's a staple to my wardrobe and as silly as it sounds it's my favorite accessory. You should've seen my nails for Rock on the Range ;)

 

4. A close-up of me sewing on my sewing machine. I am very novice at sewing but I'm learning and practicing all the time. I absolutely love making new things or revamping old things, and my sewing machine is my best friend during these times.

 



5. A stack of books on a shelf in my living room. I purchased almost all of them at an antique mall and they are mostly for looks, but I am an avid reader. I read whenever I can and I am always looking for new books to read. I also sort of collect books. I never borrow or rent them because I like to own them. My dream is to one day open a used bookstore.


6. A photo of my backyard taken just several weeks ago. The leaves were just starting to change and it was really beautiful. We have a narrow but long yard, fenced in by a board rail fence that my husband built, installed, and stained all himself (with the help of his dad). We also have a gorgeous patio that my husband and father-in-law put in themselves and landscaping that we worked on together. I love my backyard, it's my own little sanctuary. There is a really pretty Dogwood tree in the corner of the fence with a bench under it where I love to sit and read when the weather is nice.

7. A nighttime view of Cincinnati from the Purple People Bridge. I live near the Kentucky/Ohio border. A good friend of mine does a lot of modeling and they had a fashion show right on the bridge this summer. It was very neat and so pretty when it got dark and everything was all lit up.


8. A pair of tennis shoes that I blogged about recently. I painted them to look like wingtips using fabric paint. I am pretty proud of them, but that isn't why I put up the photo. I just thought it was a good example of some of the other crafty things I enjoy besides sewing. I enjoy crafting of ALL sorts.

 


9. My tiny precious little Lady. She is sitting in my lap at the table like a human. She's a 5yr old Yorkie-Malti-Poo and weighs in at a whopping 3 1/2lbs. She is super spunky and completely rules the house.

 


10. My lil buddy Presley. He's our other "child". He's about 15lbs and would be classified as a Miniature Poodle, based on his height (I think). He was sold to us as a Toy, but even as the runt he grew to be about twice the size of a Toy, but not nearly as large as a Standard. He has the best personality in the world. So gentle and sweet, and playful. He is a bit of a mama's boy though and wants my undivided attention at all times. Even as I type this he is sitting at my feet staring up at me.

11. A real live action photo of me skydiving (<-- click that link and you can watch me jump for yourself!) It's something I had wanted to do for a very long time. I have done other things leading up to it (though nothing even remotely close or half as exhilarating) such as bungee jumping at our local theme park and para-sailing on our honeymoon, but it took me YEARS to convince my husband to skydive with me. I put it off for a long time but was close to going on my own when he finally agreed this year that he would jump too. It's only been about 6 weeks since we did it and I am still reeling!

12. A photo of some flowers I saw on the beach on vacation. I just thought they were so pretty, and they were all alone in a large patch of dry grass and weeds on the beach. I love taking photos and try to often. I take pictures of anything and everything. Photos capture a memory forever.

13. This last one is of my sweet husband. He is enjoying a beer on vacation. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...