Pages

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Recipe: Hot Buttered Rum w/ Ice Cream


Oh. my. word. This is yummy! I've never actually had Hot Buttered Rum, although it looks divine. What happened here is that I bought a small bottle of rum for a dessert that I tried to make this week, which was a total and utter flop, and it only called for a tiny little bit of rum. So here I was, left with this remaining half-pint of rum and an itching for something warm and delicious. So yeah, it's the middle of the day... And yeah, I'm about to show you how to make a rum drink... So what? The addition of ice cream makes me feel less guilty for some reason, and I know that makes no sense at all, but it makes it less of an alcoholic beverage and more of a scrumptious afternoon delight.

Ingredients:

(this Bacardi select was the closest to "dark rum" that I could find at my local liquor store that came in a size smaller than a pint.)

1 oz of dark rum, or 2 tbsp.
1 tsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. white sugar
1 tbsp. butter, softened
1 large scoop vanilla ice cream
cinnamon, to taste


1. Scoop a large scoop of ice cream into a bowl.
2. Add about 1 tbsp. each of butter, brown sugar, and white sugar to the ice cream and stir until ice cream is soft and mixture is mostly smooth.
3. Stir in about 2 tbsps. of rum.
4. Pour mixture into a mug and top off with HOT water. Stir until frothy.
5. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Feel free to mix a little into the drink as well if you like!

Serve with cookies, cake, donuts, or drink all by itself... Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...