Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Recipe: Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas



You know, when I made these for dinner this week I was pretty proud of myself. I thought I had invented something really special. Then as I was bragging to my husband, he happily burst my bubble by admitting that he saw these things on the menus of at least two restaurants recently! I never order from that part of the menu so I guess I didn't see them, or at least that's my excuse.

Anywho, they turned out really delicious. If you're a fan of buffalo chicken dip, you will LOVE these babies.

Ingredients:

Medium round soft tortilla shells
1 heaping cup cooked, shredded chicken, or a 10oz can of chicken if you need to
3 tbsp. of your favorite hot sauce, we use Texas Pete's
2 tbsp. ranch dressing, or blue cheese dressing if you prefer
1/4 cup cream cheese, give or take
1/2 cup shredded cheese of choice, we used Mexican blend
Butter
Salt & pepper, to taste

In a saucepan over medium heat, season chicken as desired and stir in hot sauce. Add cream cheese (about 1/4 cup,  but I really just did a huge spoonful) and stir until melted. Mix in ranch and 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese.


Heat a second skillet to medium.
Prepare quesadillas by spreading a large spoonful of the chicken mixture onto half of a tortilla shell. Sprinkle with cheese.


Fold tortilla shell over to cover chicken. Slather both sides of the quesadilla with butter.


Place quesadilla on the hot skillet and cook for several minutes until browned on the bottom, then flip and repeat.


Top with sour cream and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...