Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

Recipe: Salted Caramel Cappuccino

 
This was my first attempt at making a cappuccino, ever! I don't have a maker but I do have a coffee pot... And I had a hankering. I was not entirely sure if calling this a cappuccino was accurate, so I looked up the definition:
 
cap·puc·ci·no
[kap-oo-chee-noh, kah-poo-; Italian kahp-poot-chee-naw]
noun
a hot beverage consisting of espresso coffee and steamed milk, often served with powdered cinnamon and topped with whipped cream.

Yep, that works~
 
Enjoy!
 
 
Ingredients:
(Makes 1 cup)
 
4-5 soft caramel candies, such as Kraft Caramels
3/4 cup milk
1 tbsp heavy cream
1/8 tsp vanilla
Approx. 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee or espresso
A pinch of coarse sea salt
 
 
In a saucepan over medium heat, warm 1/4 cup of the milk. Place caramels in the warm milk and stir until completely melted. Reduce heat to low.
Stir in the rest of the milk, vanilla, and heavy cream. Add a pinch of salt (2-3 turns of a salt grinder).
Whisk milk mixture until frothy on top.
Pour coffee into a mug then pour the milk mixture right on top. Do not stir!
Top with whipped cream, cinnamon sprinkles, an extra caramel drizzle, or anything your heart desires! I added an extra bit of salt on top cause I just love the mixture of salt and sweets!
 



 
 

2 comments:

  1. I really hate the taste of coffee but you've just made it sound so appealing...anything with caramel has to be amazing right?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! You can't go wrong with caramel. I am a coffee lover, but I think you could modify this if you wanted to by making a weaker coffee... Or omit it completely and increase the amount of milk and caramel! Then it would not be a cappuccino but still pretty delicious I'm guessing :)

      Delete

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...